There are many benefits to having acupuncture during pregnancy
Acupuncture for Pregnancy:
- Morning Sickness, Nausea, Hyperemesis Gravidaram
- Back Pain & Sciatica
- Breech Baby
- Stress & Anxiety
- Increased Energy
- Elevated Blood Pressure
- Labor Preparation (begin at 38 weeks to encourage labor at the optimal time)
- Labor Stimulation
- Threatened Miscarriage. Miscarriage rates are statistically lower in women who receive acupuncture during the first 12 weeks or pregnancy. Acupuncture Improves uterine lining and implantation, decreases uterine contractions (especially important post IVF/IU), balances hormones, reduces inflammation and abnormal immune response.
- Healthy Pregnancy. Acupuncture Increases and improves blood flow to the uterus ensuring the delivery of nutrients, hormones and oxygen, and removal of waste products, creating a healthy environment for a thriving pregnancy. Acupuncture regulates the digestive, nervous, and endocrine systems.
- Healthy Delivery. Research shows that women who use acupuncture experience shorter labor times with fewer complications, reduced rate of caesarean, and less need for the use of oxytocin, pain medications and epidurals.
Acupuncture for Postpartum:
- Depression & Anxiety
- Postpartum Weight Loss
- Lactation Problems